WHAT IS ASP.NET MVC?
WHY ASP .NET MVC?
In spite of the fact that web structures were effective, Microsoft thought of creating ASP.net MVC. The fundamental issue with ASP.net webForms is execution.
In a web application, there are four primary angles which characterize execution:-
- Response time issues
- Problem of Unit Testing
- HTML customization
- Reusability of the code-behind class
ASP.net MVC excels on the above parameters.
VERSION HISTORY OF MVC
- ASP.NET MVC1
- Released on Mar 13, 2009
- It runs on.NET 3.5
- Visual Studio 2008
- MVC Pattern architecture with WebForm Engine
- Main Features include Html & Unit testing, Ajax Helpers, Routing, etc.
2. ASP.NET MVC2
- This version released on March 10, 2010
- Runs on .NET 3.5,4.0 and with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Include Feature like Templated helpers, Ul helpers with automatic scaffolding & customizable templates
- It supports for Data explication Attributes to apply model validation on client and server sides
3. ASP.NET MVC3
- It was released on Jan 13, 2011
- Runs on .NET 4.0 and with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Use of NuGet to deliver software and allows you to manage dependencies across the platform
- It offers features like the Razor view engine; enhanced Data explications assign for model validation on both client and server sides
4. ASP.NET MVC4
- This version was released on Aug 2012
- It works on .NET 4.0,4.5 and with Visual Studio 2010 & Visual Studio 2012
- Enhancements to default project templates
- Offers features like Mobile project template using jQuery Mobile, Task support for Synchronized Controllers, bundling, minification, etc.
5. ASP.NET MVÇ5
- Released on 17 October 2013
- Works on .NET 4.5,4.5.1 and with Visual Studio 2012 & Visual OneASP.NET
FEATURES OF MVC
- Easy and frictionless testability
- Leverage existing ASP.Net Features
- A new presentation option for ASP.Net
- A simpler way to program Asp.Net
- Clear separation of logic: Model, View, Controller
- Test-Driven Development
- Support for parallel development
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHILE CREATING MVC APPLICATION
Here, are a Some important things which you need to remember for develop MVC application:
- Essential to remember that ASP .net MVC is NOT a replacement of ASP.Net web forms based applications
- The procedure of MVC app development must be decided based on the application requirements and features provided by ASP .net MVC to suit the specific development needs.
- Application development procedure with ASP .NET MVC is more composite compared with web forms based applications.
- Application maintainability always be higher with disconnection of application tasks.
MVC Architectural Pattern
MVC is a product design which follows the division of concerns strategy. In this model .Net applications are isolated into three interconnected parts which are called Model, View, and Controller.
The objective of the MVC design is that every one of these parts can be created, tried in relative segregation and furthermore consolidated to make a vigorous application.
Model objects are portions of the application which execute the rationale for the application’s information area. It recovers and stores model state in an information base. For instance, an item article may recover data from an information base, work on it. At that point compose data back to items table in the SQL worker.
Views are the segments which are utilized to show the application’s (UI). It shows the .Net MVC application which is made from the model information.
The basic model would be an altar perspective on an Item table. It shows text boxes, pop-ups and check boxes depending on the present status of items and articles.
Controllers handle client collaboration, work with the model, and select a view to deliver that shows Ul. In a .Net MVC application, the view just shows data, the regulator oversees and reacts to client input and collaboration.
For example, the controller handles query-string values and passes those values to the model.
Web Forms vs. MVC
|Model||Asp.Net Web Forms follow an event-driven development model.||Asp.Net MVC uses MVC pattern based development model.|
|Used Since||Been around since 2002||It was first released in 2009|
|Support for View state||Asp.Net Web Form helps view state for state management at the client side.||.Net MVC doesn’t support view state.|
|URL type||Asp.Net Web Form has file-based URLs. It means file names exist in the URLs and they must keep going physically.||Asp.Net MVC has route-based URLs that mean URLs which are turned to controllers and actions.|
|Syntax||Asp.Net MVC follows Web Forms Syntax.||Asp.Net MVC follows the customizable syntax.|
|View type||Web Form views are solid coupled to Code back (ASPX-CS), i.e., logic.||MVC, Views, and logic are always kept separately.|
|Consistent look and feels||It has master pages for a consistent look.||Asp.Net MVC has layouts for a compatible look.|
|Code Reusability||Web Form offers User Controls for code renewable.||Asp.Net MVC has offered partial views for code reusability.|
|Control for HTML||Less control over rendered HTML.||Full control over HTML|
|State management||Automatic state management of controls.||Manual state management.|
|TDD support||Weak or custom TDD required.||Encourages and includes TDD!|
ADVANTAGES OF ASP.NET MVC
- Highly maintainable applications by default
- It permits you to replace any component of the application.
- Better support for Test Driven Development
- Composite applications are easy to handle because of divisions of Model, View, and Controllers.
- Offering robust routing mechanism with front controller pattern
- Offers best control over application behavior with the abolish of view state and server-based forms
- .Net MVC applications are assisted by large teams of developers and Web designers
- It offers more control upon the behaviors of the application. It also uses an boost bandwidth for requests made to the server
BEST PRACTICES WHILE USING ASP.Net MVC
- Create a distinct assembly for MODEL in case of large and complex code to ignore any unwanted situation.
- The model should contain business logic, session supporting, validation part, and data logic part.
- VIEW should not contain any business logic and session supporting, use ViewData to access data in View
- Business logic and data access should never happen in ControllerViewData
- The controller should only be conducted for preparing and returning a view, calling model, redirect to action, etc.
- Trash Demo code from the application when you develop it Delete Account Controller
- Use only a specific view engine to create HTML markup from your view as it is the combination of HTML and the programming code.
- ASP.NET MVC is an open source web development substructure from Microsoft that gives a Model View Controller architecture.
- ASP.net MVC offers an different to ASP.net web forms for developing web applications
- The important issue with ASP.net web Forms is performance.
- ASP.net MVC offer Easy and compatible confirmed with Full control over your HTML & URLs
- Very important to remember that ASP .Net MVC is NOT a replacement of ASP .Net web forms based applications
- The strategy of MVC app development must be decided based on the application demands and features provided by ASP .Net MVC to suit the specific development needs.
- ASP.net MVC offers extremely maintainable applications by default
- With ASP.net you can’t see design page viewing like the .aspx page.
- As a great practice, the model should add business logic, session maintenance, validation part, and data logic part.
Infosif Solutions by Omninos Solutions
For More Details :-https://infosif.in/index.php
Call Us:- 9501690293, 8146907164