Best Free Calorie Counting Apps
If you work out hard, you might obtain a body like Jennifer Aniston’s, but that’s an impossible goal to achieve. Upholding a balanced diet is what will aid in your quest for a fit figure. One must keep note of every bite they take in order to maintain a balanced diet, which takes a lot of effort. Who, however, has the time to monitor everything they ingest in today’s hectic world? An app that counts calories enters the picture at this point. By completing the necessary activities, the programme would relieve part of your pressure. Read about the top calorie counter apps available on the market while you’re busy diverting your attention from those luscious hazelnut brownies in order to simplify your life.
The top calorie counter app for Android and iOS
- SparkPeople Calorie Tracker
- Cron-o-Meter Nutrition Tracker
The programme, which is among the most well-liked calorie counters available, monitors your weight and offers suggestions for daily calorie intake. The software also displays how many calories a user has burned, and it is supported with a well-designed diet and exercise journal. In order to add data to the exercise diary, the app also offers the option to sync with your current fitness gadget.
The development of our fitness objective
- Gives people the option to interact in forums.
- Recipes, chats, advice, and success stories are all included in the forums.
- A pie chart depicts daily food consumption (showing the breakdown of protein, carbs and fats).
- A diary where you could jot down your thoughts about your routine eating.
- For customers to try out the programme briefly, it offers a free edition.
- Own a vast collection of culinary options
- Download recipes from the internet and know roughly how many calories they contain.
- If one doesn’t have time to provide meal specifics, there is an option to “fast add” calories.
- Some of the functions are only available in the premium edition, which costs $49.99 per year and is rather pricey.
- The majority of the foods are uploaded by other people, therefore occasionally the calorie count may not be entirely accurate.
- Especially if your dish was greater or smaller than the one listed, it can be challenging to alter the serving sizes in the database.
- SparkPeople Calorie Tracker
Calorie Tracking Tool by SparkPeople
Both Android and iOS users can get the SparkPeopleCalorie Tracker for free. Users have the option of manually entering their food’s calories or just using the camera on the device to scan the barcode of the item. For culinary hipsters who enjoy experimenting with new foods every day, the app is a great option.
- Added elementstracks physical characteristics like strength and cardio. It contains reps, sets, and weights, which makes tracking fairly simple in the end.
- The app is more than just a weight-loss programme. Instead, by include your objectives in the bespoke meal plans, it makes diet planning straightforward.
- To determine the food items’ calorie and nutritional information, scan the items using a barcode scanner.
- Has a poor community to assist you on your road to fitness.
- Both iPhone and Apple Watch users can get the solution.
- has a large database, thus there is a better chance that it will be able to understand a strange food.
- With MapMyFitness, Fitbit, Garmin, Runkeeper, and the Apple Healthkit, data is synchronised.
- Older iOS devices have experienced freezing and crashes when using the SparkPeople Calorie Tracker.
- A $4.99 monthly subscription is required to access the comprehensive food calorie chart (bit expensive).
- Cron-o-Meter, Tracking Your Diet
Both Android and iPhone smartphones support the Cronometer calorie counter app. The software enables you to keep track of your workouts, body weight, and—most importantly—diet plan. According to their high calorie needs, women who are nursing or pregnant can select a personalised profile.
- Use a reliable database to record and monitor your food intake and activity.
- Water consumption tracking is another feature of the app.
- the person’s basal metabolic rate (BMR), body mass index (BMI), body fat, and amount of exercise are all recorded.
- The Biosense Ketone Breath Monitor is integrated with a variety of activity trackers, including Garmin, Polar, and others.
- For the purpose of obtaining data from the Apple Health Software, the app syncs with the Apple Watch.
- The website’s exact database underpins its free use.
- Whether you adhere to a vegan, keto, paleo, or other special eating plan, the app has you covered.
- keeps track of all 79 micronutrients, including minerals, vitamins, lipids, and other substances.
- guarantees data privacy, meaning that no information is sold to outside parties.
- The food diary isn’t broken down into meals.
- It can only add homemade recipes to the website, not to mobile apps.
- There is no social user community
- The website is completely free, however the app only costs $2.99.
Fatsecret is the name of a free calorie-counting programme. You can stick to your diet plan with the help of this rapid, easy-to-use programme that also interacts with strong outside services and resources. On the app’s home screen, you can see the total number of calories you’ve consumed as well as how many calories were in each type of food.
- Information beyond the Basics
- Acomprehensive database of foods with recipes from stores and restaurants.
- Provides a journal so that you may monitor your daily progress.
- Powered by a calorie counter that displays calories burned and consumed.
- It is outfitted with accurate reporting and goal tracking for keeping track of all the calories and macros.
- Image identification of meals, foods, and products for deeper understanding.
- The food-related information given by other app users is emphasised so that other users can validate it.
- The website Fatsecret is jam-packed with advice and knowledge, and it even has articles on numerous themes.
- The app offers a chat community where users can share success stories, recipes, and wellness advice.
- The app’s user interface is quite busy and confusing.
Fitbit Inc. was established in 2007 and offers a variety of accessories, including smartwatches and fitness trackers. It serves a number of other purposes in addition to measuring calories, including recording exercise and performing step and heart counts. Because of its ten million or more downloads and integration with wearable technology, this app is included in our list of the Best Calorie Counter Applications.
- A free tool that records your daily advancement over time.
offers free exercise regimens, meditation tracks, sleep tools, and nutrition guidance.
- Access the cutting-edge clock faces and smartwatch apps.
has come to rely on barcode scanning for tracking daily consumption.
- Numerous tools are included, including a calorie counter, fat analyzer, water intake tracker, and more.
- Over ten million installations attest to the app’s popularity.
- Data synchronisation with more than 3000 well-known partner applications.
- Users are able to create objectives and recognise achievements.
- Make friends and become a part of a motivating group.
- When logging in, the software requests that users use their true names.
- The database contains no matches for food (only custom foods can be added).
The Swedish Lifesum AB company’s software has it everything, whether you need a macro calculator, food journal, calorie counter, or a list of healthy recipes. Utilize the Lifesum to live a balanced and healthy existence. Every type of diet is covered by the app, including keto, paleo, fasting, sugar-free, and personalised diets.
- Nutritional advice, a macro calculator, and an intuitive food diary.
- Barcode scanner and safe login options are included in the application.
- The Macro Calculator assists in monitoring daily nutrition, macronutrients, and calories.
- For various diet regimens, Food Planner offers simple, healthful dishes.
- Every unit system has a category with a “Verified by Lifesum” calorie count.
has a wonderful user experience and supports 11 different languages.
- The user can quickly transition to a dark theme on an iOS 13 smartphone.
- The app doesn’t offer a complimentary basic plan.
The fact that Yazio is a German product offers it a unique place in the category of calorie counting software. Yazio is effective whether the goal is weight loss or developing healthy habits. Approximately 6 million users of this calorie counter software, according to the app store, have met their fitness objectives. For additional information, see the intriguing features.
- Personal diet and exercise plan for weight loss and muscle growth.
- Establish menus, add new ingredients, and mark favourites.
- There is a calorie table with almost 2 million food items on it.
- Track your fitness, sports, and other activities.
- Easy to use programme with nice design
- As a bonus edition, it offers a step counter.
- Older phone models are incompatible with the app.
- The public database typically contains any culinary recipes submitted by users.
It’s critical to be aware of your calorie intake when it comes to your health. Go ahead and enjoy without worrying about the extra calories now that you have previously reviewed some of the best applications on the market.